ABOUT THE COMPANY – NAMPAK
Nampak, founded in 1968, is the largest packaging manufacturing company on the African continent. The company manufactures a wide range of packaging materials, including plastic; paper; metal and glass.
The company operates in the following African countries: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Swaziland, Zambia, Angola, Nigeria, Malawi, Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia, as well as in the United Kingdom and Ireland. 28 of its sites are located in South Africa, 18 of its sites are located across the rest of Africa, and the remaining 8 sites are located within the United Kingdom.
The JSE Limited (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) listed company also participates in extensive collection and recycling initiatives, aiming to reduce their environmental impact. What more, Nampak’s research and development facility are investing time and resources to create sustainable products.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Nampak will be awarding bursaries to students pursuing their studies towards a Pulp and Paper Technology (National Diploma) qualification – this is a specialised sector of Chemical Engineering.
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation in residence, meals and a monthly allowance.
Students will be required to take part in vacation work at one of Nampak’s Tissue Making Mills, during university holidays. Students will also be required to complete in-service training during the third year of studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol for Mathematics and Physical Science (Higher Grade) OR achieved a minimum “A” symbol (NSC rating 5) for (Standard Grade)
- Intend on studying a full-time Pulp and Paper Technology (National Diploma)
- Intend on studying at the Durban University of Technology
- Strong technical and analytical abilities
- Hard working
- Prepared to do shift work in the production environment (during and after graduation)
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility requirements and would like to apply, must do so by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ transcript (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Nampak Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Alternatively, your application can be faxed to: 086 501 7527
18 November annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Nampak directly:
Contact Person: Jack Steyn
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 011 719 6300